Our family have been in the Post Office Business for more than 150 years.

Evanton Post Office is a family business, and has been in the family since the 1950's. The MacLeod & MacRae's have been running Post Office thoughout the Highland area. In 1957 Murdo MacRae took over Evanton Post Office and since has been handed down his wife Cathrine MacRae and is currently ran by Catherine's daughter Mary MacLeod.


Evanton Post Office has been serving Evanton from at least 1891 as far as we know, but it may have been here longer than this.



The post office was orginally on Balconie Street as shown in the photo above next to the Novar Arms Hotel. It then moved from no 17 to no 16 the old paper shop. Then in 1950's moved to its current location on Chapel Road.

Our current location on Chapel Road.